Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm hungry!

I think I could probably just eat all the time. I never really seem to get full and like to munch on food a lot of the time. I'm trying to keep a journal of my eating right now to help me lose weight. I find that it really does help provide context to my eating habits.

A couple of days ago I was going to have a few Hershey's kisses that one of my co-workers keeps in a bowl. Just little pieces of chocolate, right? So getting ready to eat a few I looked up the nutrition information on Hershey's site. One serving is 9 pieces. Seems a bit high, but I'd easily eat that much, more even if I kept a bowl in my office.

So anyway.... this one 9 piece serving is 230 calories and 13 grams of fat! OUCH. I'm trying to still to 30-35 grams of fat per day so one serving would be over 1/3 of my daily fat allowance!

So I only had 4 pieces instead of 9. WOOT!

No comments: